Frank and Maura Corvino, founders of Corvino & Corvino Consulting, have over 40 years of experience in premier healthcare leadership and customer service consulting. With deep knowledge of all aspects of the industry, including how to achieve the highest ratings in patient satisfaction, they now help clients in a range of businesses attain exceptional customer satisfaction.
MAURA J. CORVINO, CEO
Maura Corvino is the personification of grace under pressure. From her start as an emergency department trauma and medevac flight nurse to her take-charge leadership as vice president of emergency services at several hospitals, Maura continues to set standards of excellence today in management consulting, team building and motivational speaking.
Steering an emergency department, where patients are acutely vulnerable, takes extraordinary talent. Decisions are rapid. Communication is vital. Easing the patient’s pain is paramount. Under Maura’s stewardship, quality and patient satisfaction scores rose significantly, a fact acknowledged by leading hospital performance-rating agencies Press Ganey and J.D. Power and Associates.
Maura’s skills in delivering superior, compassionate care have caught the attention of hospitals and other businesses in the service sector. Her recent initiatives have included interim healthcare executive, workshop leader in charge of improving employee morale and customer satisfaction, and developer of team retreats for businesses wanting to implement customer service excellence techniques.
Maura’s consulting strategies offer clients expertise and pragmatism with one goal in mind: to inspire excellence.
Awards & Distinctions
- J.D. Powers Award – Distinguished Emergency Department
- Joseph Zaccagnino – Quality Award (Yale New Haven Health System)
- Nightingale Award – Excellence in Nursing
- Dale Carnegie – Highest Award for Achievement
- J.D. Power and Associates. Progress Notes. A series of interviews with distinguished patient experience leaders.
- Advance for Nurses New England. Reaction Time: Greenwich Hospital’s ED adapts to an overnight boom.
“Maura’s team building exercises are brilliant! We made immediate changes that positively impacted our bottom line. We all walked away with practical new tools to wow our clients.” Mimoza B. Owner, Salon Mimoza, Greenwich, CT
“An accountable, competent workforce just doesn’t happen. Maura brought us a wealth of practical ideas and small changes that transformed our service culture! Dynamite!”
Erin M. Owner, Murphy’s Restaurant, Yorktown Heights, NY
FRANK A. CORVINO, PRESIDENT
Frank Corvino has an uncommonly perceptive vision. As president and CEO of Connecticut’s Greenwich Hospital and executive vice president of the Yale New Haven Health System, Frank maintained a steadfast focus on the “patient experience.”
His ability to foresee the changes coming in healthcare and his commitment to patients, doctors, and the delivery of excellent customer service, transformed a small community hospital into a regional medical center with a national reputation and high patient satisfaction ratings.
During his tenure, Frank presided over the construction and enhancement of an entirely new, state-of-the-art hospital campus and corresponding $300 million capital campaigns—without disruption to patient care. Over 25 years, his long-range planning ensured the hospital’s profitability every year through investments in equipment, medical expertise and programs.
Frank stands at the forefront of healthcare thought leadership, and innovation. He has received significant citations for creating a culture of compassion and service excellence that drove patient satisfaction scores from the 75th to the 99th percentile nationally.
Frank’s career in healthcare spanned 43 years. His training as a pharmacist gave him clinical experience. Working his way through the ranks of management to executive leadership added a unique perspective on the importance of interpersonal skills. He helped foster a very strong sense of pride among employees who, in turn, treated those they served like family.
Frank Corvino is a widely sought speaker and consultant. His appearances have included:
- Harvard University, School of Public Health – Physician Cohort
“The Importance of Service Excellence in Medicine”
- University Club, NYC
“An Era of Safety Under the Affordable Healthcare Act”
- Healthcare Compliance Association – National Compliance Institute
“Compliance and the C-suite”
- CNBC’s “Closing Bell” with Maria Bartiromo
Awards & Distinctions
- Greenwich Rotary – Citizen of the Year
- Health Academy of the Public Relations Society of America – Malcolm T. MacEachern CEO Award
- National Ethnic Coalition of Organizations – Ellis Island Medal of Honor
- United Way of Greenwich – Helen Alvord Award for Excellence in Humancare Services
Under Frank’s leadership, Greenwich Hospital received frequent recognition for excellence in service, satisfaction, technology, medical advancements and community involvement earning:
- The 2014 Women’s Choice Award of America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Patient Experience
- Press Ganey Summit Award
- Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services top scores in all 10 areas of patient satisfaction
- The Leadership of Frank A. Corvino: Transforming Vision into Reality
- Greenwich Hospital highest in overall rating in Connecticut and surrounding New York counties
- Greenwich Hospital CEO Frank Corvino: Put Patient Safety First
“He has helped to build a very strong culture of customer service excellence and pride among the employees.” Daniel L. Mosley, Chairman of the Board of Trustees